Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Little Friendly Favor

It's been a busy season here at the Nerdy home. The kids have been growing, we've been finding new friends, settling in to a new routine, and even starting new business ventures! As I was writing our Christmas letter yesterday I remembered how much I liked writing, and was lamenting to Nerdy husband that I didn't have a proper outlet for my writing. Apparently we both had forgotten about this humble little blog. So you can imagine how surprised I was when one of our new friends reminded me of my blog (how on earth did she know? I need to ask!) and asked me to do a review of her websites.

As payment for that welcome reminder, I'm more than happy to share her sites and tell you about them. The first is Collegiate Ribbon -  where you can find grosgrain ribbon emblazoned with your favorite collegiate and NFL team's colors and mascots. They also have totes, napkins and tablecloths for the die-hard fan. The ribbons looks like high quality stuff, ideal for crafters. I'm going to have to get my brains working on that one, I'm sure I can find a use for it that might bring in a little green at a craft show (one of the new business ventures I mentioned).

Her second site is - and at first I thought these were going to be like the decorative plates that my grandmother had up on her walls. (Ok, I have some too...don't ask me why but I really do love how old fashioned they are.) Imagine my surprise when I realized that they were real, every day dishes! Not just plates but bowls, mugs, even teapots (love!) and salt and pepper shakes (double love!). I think if my kids were older they would probably get a big kick out of a mixed set of the dishes, where we could all learn the verses together and probably even make it into a game of guessing who got what plate. Not to mention, mom could send some not-so-subtle reminders to the troublemakers, like "Love one another!" I John 3:23 or "Be still, I am God!" Psalm 46:10. Maybe in another season of life, when my kids are less clumsy and I'm less attached to my thrift shop china section (well, maybe not that second one) I could see us using some of these. Until then, I'll just enjoy the window shopping. 

I hope you friends are not too annoyed with this post, I know, it isn't what I normally do. But as a thank you for bearing with me (for the non-nerdy, please note that it is not 'bare with me' - that would imply communal nakedness) I am going to extend this promise: I will try, very very soon, to get a nice cozy update posted for you. With tons of photos. 

Until then, dear friends, goodnight.


  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's obvious that this baby has finished off most of the brain cells. I feel for any future children, they're going to get a raw deal.


Make my day! Please, leave a comment!