Wednesday, April 11, 2012

#winning


Thank you so much Kathy, (aka Mrs Dull) of Mrs Dull's Nourished Kitchen , for nominating me for a Liebster blog award. The Liebster award is given to small blogs (under 200 followers) by fellow bloggers. Basically, it's like a meme had a baby with an ugly sweater contest. Luckily this award does not include any threats of vague, impending doom for non-compliance. 

If small blogs were ugly sweaters, I'd be this thing
It really gave me the warm and fuzzies to see my tiny little baby blog shared like that. I have 13 followers. Once, I had 107 pageviews in one day. That was amazing.

 Naturally I want to share the love. So here are 5 of my favorite small blogs. And I hope they don't all hate me for the ugly sweater thing. I swear, you guys are awesome and I always enjoy reading your posts.

Filling the Nest - I know Kim personally, and I always get a laugh out of her posts. Well, almost always. She has a great sense of humor, and her grandkids really do say the darnedest things.

 Dyno-mom - Melissa is a straight-talking mom of TEN kids. I find her direct, honest approach refreshing. She has lots of information on real food and family on a budget. 

Too Many Jars In My Kitchen! - If you are curious about the GAPS diet, or want to see what GAPS and WAPF cooking looks like for a couple, Mindy writes a great blog. She has a ton of information, and most recently, a series about incorporating offal into your diet.

The Little Gnomes Home - What's not to love about great photography, little blond girls, vintage treasures, handknits, and Australia? I read Natalie's blog whenever I need a little creative inspiration.

MadebyJoey - This one is pretty new to me, Joey has tutorials for many of the handmade items on her blog. I enjoy how she works with so many different mediums. Definitely a great inspiration for me.

So, I hope that you will take the time to visit each of these exceptional blogs, they are doing good things out there in the blogosphere!

The rules are simple:
  • Choose 5 up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to share the love with
  • Show your appreciation to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them.
  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogs you are awarding so that everyone else can pay them a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Why, Thank you!! Be honest, it was the picture of Capt Von Trapp, wasn't it?? (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I LOVE this "Basically, it's like a meme had a baby with an ugly sweater contest" LOL! And that does not describe your blog at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks! Hey, is the RSS button new to your blog? I never noticed it before, but I am happy to say you are finally showing up on my Google reader!!

      Delete

Make my day! Please, leave a comment!